What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They allow the website to recognise your device and remember your preferences, such as your login details, language settings, font size, and other display options. Cookies also help the website to analyse how you use the site and to deliver personalised content and advertisements.
There are different types of cookies, such as:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that expire when you close your browser or app. They are used to remember your actions and preferences during a single visit.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies that remain on your device for a longer period of time or until you delete them. They are used to remember your preferences and settings across multiple visits.
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are set by the website you are visiting. They are usually essential for the website to function properly and to provide you with the services you request.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are set by other parties, such as advertisers, analytics providers, or social media platforms. They are used to track your online activity across different websites and to deliver targeted ads or content based on your interests.
- To improve the performance and usability of our website, such as loading pages faster, saving your bandwidth, and optimising images and videos.
- To analyse how you use our website, such as which pages you visit, how long you stay, what you click on, and how you navigate the site.
- To personalise your experience on our website, such as remembering your preferences, displaying relevant content and ads, and providing social media features.
What cookies do we use?
The table below lists the cookies we use on our website, their purposes, their durations, and whether they are first-party or third-party cookies.
|To store a unique identifier for your session
|To distinguish users for Google Analytics
|To group users for Google Analytics
|To throttle request rate for Google Analytics
|To deliver personalised ads from Facebook
|To enable Facebook login and social sharing
|To remember your preferences and settings for Google services
How can you manage or delete cookies?
You can manage or delete cookies using your browser settings. You can choose to accept or reject all cookies, or only certain types of cookies. You can also delete the cookies that are already stored on your device. However, please note that if you disable or delete cookies, some features and functions of our website may not work properly or may become unavailable. For more information on how to manage or delete cookies, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
Changes to this policy